Monday, May 18, 2009

Dad is OLD!

This post is a classic example of the impact children have on "family" (in a good way!).
So, it was Rob's birthday. It was a Friday...Nicholas and I had talked the night before about how we were going to make daddy a cake and buy him (probabaly not so much for daddy) balloons! I always ask Nicholas "what are we going to do today?" when we wake up. Well on this day he answered "cake, 'loons". Needless to say I was quite impressed with what he remembered! At any rate Dad took the day off and caught up on some much needed rest (he had a long week at work). While he was sleeping Karly, Nicholas and I ran to the store and bought the "cake (mix) and loons"...actually one balloon which was lost in the parking lot--thank God, because I hate balloons...choking.
He just couldn't wait!
The candles were FUN! It took a few tries, but I finally convinced Nicholas to put them in wick-side-up!
UMMMM...all I can say is that we hadn't even cut the cake yet!
Anyway...back to my opening line, children are wonderful! This post didn't include one picture of an aging man on his birthday!!!

No comments: