Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My Best Friend

We met in 5th grade. She was the newbie. She was cool and fun. We became instant friends. There is nothing that I wouldn't do for her. And, I know she would say the same about me. We usually talk a few times a week. Other times we go weeks without hearing each others voices. That's okay. We are connected...for life. :) Although I have two sisters; Jennifer was my "sister". We had school together. Took vacations together. (I remember our first vacation together we went to the beach and stayed up late eating Speckled Eggs...yumm. We also tried Nair...now that was a funny sight)! We shared crushes. We shared clothes. Even more, we had matching outfits for every day of the week. Haha...makes me laugh.

We've fallen apart and put each other back together. We've given and taken advice - good or bad, we always listen.

We had our first children together. We were each others' support. We were both miserable. Her more than me. She was on bed rest. I got to go to work. I often wished I would be put on bed rest! We talked about the pains, the nudges, and the awesomeness of pregnancy. Now, our children play together. Nick and Macey have become great buddies. They love each other.

It's Jennifer's birthday today. Happy birthday Jennifer! I love you forever and always.



Jennifer and I in our matching outfits. Awe...how cute!


Sorry girlie, I couldn't resist. I can't find the one with both of us dressed funky. Just you. Hope you get a good laugh!!!



The bride is Jennifer. I was her Maid-0f-Honor. Knowing now what I didn't know then makes me understand how horrible I was at the job. Sorry girl...I really had no idea.



At my bachelorette/bachelor party. It was a fun time!



I just thought she looked really super pretty here. This is her, myself, and my Uncle Jack. Two nights before wedding.


In Chicago. We had just driven 2 hours to get to my in-laws' house. We were half-way ready for my wedding.



She's always been really good with make-up. I've always needed help. Perfect!!

Happy birthday Jennifer!! I love you more than you'll ever know. I wish I could find more pics. Oh well, this will have to do.

Love you,

Heart

1 comment:

~Mrs. Hughes said...

I love that you wrote an entire post on just her. Really really sweet. Sounds like you are happy and blessed as always!