Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hands

"A wee bit of heaven drifted down from above, a handful of happiness, a heart full of love." I found this great quote here. My family surely brings me more than a handful of happiness. :) How better to capture the love of a family than with our handprints displayed as a work of art? It's kind of like a babies footprint...something you'll always look back and remember how precious they were.




Well, I can't take credit for this idea. I liked the tile idea, but hadn't thought about the handprints. Rob did. He's into woodworking now so he cut the wood, painted the tiles and we each took turns with the handprints. The kids especially liked this!
It turned out great and it added a lot of character to the room.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I LOVE this idea!!! Very creative...and a great keepsake! Go Rob for thinking of it....great post Hol. Love you guys!