Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 1: Self Portrait

I'm not really fond of pictures of myself these days.  Maybe I should dig a little deeper into that and make some changes.  Heck, maybe this 30 day photo challenge (collinsincorona.blogspot.com) will encourage me.

Anyway, here I am.  A wife, a mom, playmate, breakfast-lunch-dinner maker, filler of the sippies, bubble blower, driveway chalker, swing pusher, basketball player, painter, butt-wiper, song singer (my poor kids), game player,  floor mopper, dish cleaner, bathroom picker-upper, laundry doer, lawn mower, weed wacker...and the list goes on.

...So you probably think I'm complaining?  No, I'm not.  I LOVE every.single.minute. that I spend with my kids.  It is trying at times and unfortunately they get the brunt of it.  But, they also get the best:  A mom that loves them SO much.  A mom that is always there for them.  A concrete foundation for them to build upon.

Well, here I go.  Day 1:  Self Portrait


2 comments:

~Mrs. Hughes said...

Interesting how you see yourself (As far as your portrayal in the pic)... I see differently -A beyond beautiful, humble, gracious friend who is trying to live one day at a time and does a helll of a job pulling it off. No lie... There is something in you... Something so beautiful emerging. I hope I get a chance to see more

TessBenson said...

Oh I LOVE this! I love the photo! GREAT!